The Vancouver Volcanoes Dancers are looking to find talented individuals to represent our great basketball team and city! We are looking for dancers who are not only great dancers and performers, but can represent our organization around the community. Find out more about our audition process below!
2022-2023 VV DANCE TEAM AUDITIONS:
VV Dance Team Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2022.
- Must be able to attend practices every Sunday for the entire season (October – June/excluding holidays)
- Must participate in appearances, fundraisers, and other community events.
- Must be available for 12 home games (March-May).
- Games are held on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays.
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games, appearances, etc.
- Must meet and maintain dancing skill requirements, personal appearance, and fitness level throughout the season.
- Must abide by the other Terms and Conditions included with application materials.
Before the Audition:
1- Prepare and practice your solo routine in hopes of making finals
Solos are a chance to show us your best style. This is a great opportunity for those who may feel more confident in a style other than the chosen audition combo. Solos should be as close to 30 seconds as possible.
2- Complete the registration form by Wednesday, September 21.
You will be asked to upload your headshot, full body shot, and solo music.
WHAT TO WEAR
- A two-piece dance outfit: pants/shorts and a sports bra
- Dance shoes: preferably sneakers
- Hair and makeup performance/film ready.
WHAT TO BRING
- Makeup and hair products for touch ups.
Day 1 – Saturday, Sept 24
Skyridge Middle School. 10am-3pm
- Check in: 10am – 10:30am
- Warm up: 10:45am-11am
- Technique Round: 11am-12pm
- Dancers will be assessed as they participate in across the floor technique
- Sideline instruction: 12pm-12:30pm
- Sideline Round: 12:45pm – 1:30pm
- Preliminary round cuts
- After part one, finalists will be announced and asked to stay for further routine instruction.
- Interview times and groups will be assigned at this time.
- Final round routine instruction: 1:45pm-2:45pm
- Finalists will be taught the final routine at this time.
- The routine will not be judged until the following day.
- Dancers have the opportunity to pre-learn this routine on Sunday, September 18 at 6pm if more practice time is desired. Register here
Day 2 – Sunday, Sept 25
Skyridge Middle School. 9am-3pm
Auditions are closed and spectators will not be allowed.
- Interviews: 9am – 11am (scheduled prior)
- Gym will be open during this time for dancers to practice and warm up.
- Please wear what you will be auditioning in. No need for interview attire.
- Returning dancers’ interview scores are based on coach’s assessment of prior season.
- Warmup and Technique Round: 11am- 11:45am
- Returners will join at this point
- Routine round: 12pm – 1pm
- Performance of 1 minute routine learned the prior day
- Solo Round: 1:15pm-2:30pm
- Performance of a 30 second solo routine showcasing your dance strengths
- Music must be submitted on the audition form.
Team selection will be announced on Monday, September 26 at 5pm.